Moneyweb – a top destination for business, finance and investment news in South Africa – is looking to appoint a Social Media Coordinator to join the Marketing team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overall community management for the brand, day-to-day editorial activity, campaign management, managing a content calendar, creating a social media strategy, monitoring/ assessing all platforms, and other ad hoc duties from an administrative and operational directive.
*This role will be bound by a performance contract that will be reviewed bi-annually.
Experience and Education:
- Degree or Diploma in journalism, communications or English, and/ or social media or copywriting qualifications
- 3 + years of experience as a social media specialist or similar role and min. 1 – 2 years online copywriting experience
- Experience in using social media for brand awareness
- Solid knowledge of, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- Some knowledge and experience in working with media brands and/ or at an agency
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Experience with conceptualising video content, blog-style posts and graphics
- A portfolio of social media campaigns and activations
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Digital experience, particularly with, but not limited to web, social and emerging technologies
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and presentation tools and skills
- Feedback and reporting on results of campaign efforts based on the objectives
- The ability to write copy that transcends social media posts to capture the imagination of the audience across all digital media
Responsibilities and duties:
- Oversee social media accounts
- Develop, implement and manage social media strategies
- Report on activity: provide detailed reports of ongoing and post-campaign analysis
- Adhere to KPIs and directives set out by marketing
- Manage and oversee social media content and team
- Responsible for the brand’s social media output
- Ensure brand consistency online
- Collaborate with marketing, editorial, video and operations
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. social media content, photos, graphics, blog videos and news)
- Develop and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- To conceptualise social media campaigns for our consumer and membership audience
- Daily/ weekly meetings with marketing
- Critical thinker, team player and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Multi-tasking skills necessary for working on concurrent projects
- Co-operative attitude
- Willingness to learn, accept instructions, correction and supervision
- Outgoing personality
- Being proactive and arriving at topical and tactical ideas
- Staying on top of the latest tech to be at the forefront of innovation
- Inspiring the people around you
- Experience with brands or client side in the media/news service and creative agency fields.
- Work experience in the financial media industry.
- Any through-the-line experience from strategy to implementation.
How to apply:
Applicants must send a CV and cover letter (no more than 500 words) outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position and what they can add to Moneyweb, to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: March 31, 2021
Moneyweb is an equal opportunity employer. The appointment will be made in line with Moneyweb’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy. South Africans get preference. Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.