The profile of the new board mirrors the diversity of corporate South Africa and guarantees that the association is well-positioned to fulfil its objective of being a truly representative voice for local marketers.
Motsieloa commented that his appointment would help him to contribute to positive change in the way marketers do business. “The Chartered Marketers adds value to business and should be recognised for their accomplishments. This can be done by sharing global experiences, learning, best practices and networks and promoting a holistic understanding of business and what keeps brands innovative. I want to make space for young marketer talent to be nurtured, energised, engaged and inspired.”
One of the newest corporate members
The JSE is one of the newest corporate members of the association. “The JSE strives to be a corporate citizen in everything it does and supporting the development of the profession is a national imperative that should be supported by all responsible marketing companies that have a significant marketing spend,” commented Greenhill.
The association’s team consisting of chairman Brenda Koornneef of Tiger Brands; vice chairman Heidi Brauer of Comair; Interbrand Sampson’s Douglas De Villiers; GIBS marketing director Howard Fox; Greg Garden of Nedbank; Shell’s Bonang Mohale; Joanne Siney-Gould of Kimberly Clark and Linda Siso of 3M.
Its board members are also active within other key industry bodies, which ensures that they can influence decision-making in all aspects affecting the industry. These bodies include:
- Levy Collection Agency
- Advertising Standards Authority of South Africa
- South African Advertising Research Foundation
- Audit Bureau of Circulation
- Interdependent partnerships, which encompasses
- Direct Marketing Association,
- Advertising and Communications Authority,
- Out of Home Association of South Africa,
- Advertising Standards Authority,
- Public Relations Institute of South Africa,
- Consumer Goods Council of South Africa and the Advertising Media Forum.