Simple steps to apply for a mortgage (home loan)
- Choose between applying directly through a bank or using a mortgage broker.
- Choose an appropriate mortgage and find a qualified solicitor to act on your behalf.
- Provide the paperwork to the bank or broker.
- Work out what will be the maximum amount you can borrow, how much monthly payments will be and what the additional fees will be using the South African mortgage calculators.
- Find a suitable property within your budget and make a formal offer.
- Once the price has been agreed, you will have to pay the South African mortgage deposit to secure the sale and agree on a completion date.