Ending off its 13th successive year, the National Small Business Chamber (NSBC) in association with World Famous Events has announced South Africa’s Top 20 Finalists, Special Award Winners and the Main Category Award Winners for the 2021 South African Small Business Awards. These prestigious awards have gathered a diverse range of entries all with one thing in common – a driving entrepreneurial force.
“We are astounded at the diversity of entrants again this year, but equally encouraged as it shows the depth and breadth of South Africa’s entrepreneurial spirit. Growing small and medium businesses is vital to the local economy and its ever-growing rate of unemployment. This type of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit will undoubtedly cultivate a much healthier business landscape for all involved,” says Mike Anderson, founder and CEO of the NSBC.
“We are humbled by the support of such esteemed industry leaders. Without their commitment to building tomorrow’s entrepreneurs, these businesses would have less opportunities to thrive and flourish,” says Anderson.
The 2021 Top 20 winners were recently announced and were all automatic finalists for the Main Category and Special Awards.
Anderson says “the categories are selected with strategic intent, paying homage to sectors within the business landscape that potentially present greater stumbling blocks to success.”
2021 Special Award Winners:
- National Retail Award: WhiskyBrother&Co
- National Innovation Award: Filmer
- National Rising Star Award: Faith Mokgalaka
- National Technology Award: JobJack
2021 Main Category Award Winners
- National Small Business Champion: Drip Footwear – Lekau Sehoana
- National Entrepreneur Champion: Zakhele Mgobhozi – Modern Centric Holdings
- National Woman in Business Champion: Celeste Margo Le Roux – Reactive Maintenance Specialists and Renate Jute – Noble Prosperity
- National Start-Up Champion: Great Africa Hair Company – Salil Dhingra
“Each entrant has in some way made a difference to someone’s life, either through employing them or by offering services to them. At the heart of this great nation is its people and I am proud to be associated with all these worthy winners,” says Anderson.